Monday, June 29, 2009

intro to the extro

I am OBSESSED!!! With two words. Introvert and extrovert. I think about them all the time, everywhere, every time I see people, i think about those words.
Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute! I know you're thinking that right now, so let me go backwards. For those of you in the audience with no clue what I'm talking about, let me tell you: an introvert is someone who is reserved, shy, quiet. Doesn't like social scenes that much, the one in background, etc, etc. An extrovert is the complete opposite. Outgoing, loud, talkative. Practically LIVES for social scenes, the one in front, etc, etc.
So anyway, I am obsessed with those too words because I myself am an introvert. And I sometimes feel in the shadow of the extroverts. The me part out the window I have a little advice for you other introverts who have no idea what to do with yourselves. For one, STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES! No doormats, it sucks to be one. For two, if you really need to say something SAY IT! Alot of times, people skip over quiet people, expecting them not to say something. Well, I for one think it would be cool to surprise them with something to say.
This is my stand,
TOXIC

1 comment:

  1. I believe a person can be both introvert and extrovert. For example, a lot of people perceive me as an extrovert, however, I do have a lot of shy, quiet moments and I like to spend a lot of time at home by myself, etc. I don't care much for social scene and would rather be drinking with a few good friends instead of partying with an entire crowd.

    It is surprising when the person you least expects to speak out, does. Depending on the moment and situation, it touches my heart in a way. I'm glad you are finding an opportunity to "work on yourself". No one is perfect - everyone has something to work on, even if it is just a little. I know I have tons.

    I say, work with yourself until you feel comfortable or satisfied with your progress. You don't want to "overdo" it to where you don't feel like yourself anymore and are miserable, but I'm sure you will be fine!

    Good luck and good for you :)

    ReplyDelete